|Terms & Conditions|
PHONE, INTERNET AND FAX ORDERS
click here for a printable version of this page
Orders may be faxed or submitted via internet 24 hours a day. We require each order to be placed on a California Door Order Form to ensure its accuracy.
NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE ONCE AN ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED.
We read sizes "Width x Height". Orders may be placed in metric measure. Telephone orders are READ BACK. Please check sizes and specifications carefully as this is your confirmation of the order. We do this to make sure you receive your order correctly. Any mistake that is not corrected when READ BACK becomes your responsibility. Special instructions should be clearly communicated, by FAX or Internet form. We always confirm your fax order via "Fax confirmation notice" or by telephone. If you do not receive confirmation, please call us. We may have experienced a transmission problem and need your assistance. Do not re-fax. Most orders are shipped in 5-10 working days from credit approval. Prices are subject to change without notice.
CUSTOMER CREDIT POLICY
· A complete and current credit application must be submitted before any terms of payment will be authorized. Without a current, signed credit application sales terms will be CIA (Cash In Advance). Account terms and credit limit will be established based on credit history, bank information and anticipated sales volume. All orders for new customers and inactive accounts will require pre-payment until credit terms have been established. If orders exceed the established credit limit, a deposit may be required to offset the difference. Accounts with a past due balance are subject to a 2% service charge.
· We currently accept Visa, Master Card, American Express and the Discover Card. Credit Card transactions require a completed credit card authorization form. This form requires a copy of your Drivers License and the back of your credit card for signature verification. This is done for your protection as well as ours.
· A current signed resale card must be on file or sales tax will be charged.
· California Door will only accept payments through our CHAX program. CHAX is a computer software program that allows you to fax your check for payment rather than mailing it. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT OUR CREDIT DEPARTMENT.
HANDLING AND FREIGHT POLICY
In an effort to simplify and clarify our charges for freight and handling, the following policy applies:
1. Our trucks will deliver to major metropolitan areas and will be shipped at intervals determined by the volume of orders to be delivered in each market area.
2. All orders will be assessed a standard HANDLING CHARGE of $.50 per item. Each door (a pair of doors counts as 2 items) and drawer fronts will be counted for the handling charge. This charge will apply to all orders, whether it is to be will-called, delivered on our truck or shipped common carrier or UPS. Additional delivery attempts via our trucks or UPS will result in a charge of $50.00 each.
3. All other orders(other than "will-call" at our plant) will be shipped via common carrier or UPS. Orders will be assessed for packaging materials required to ship. These orders will be sent freight COLLECT, F.O.B., Salinas, California.
4. Minimum invoice charge is $25.00.
5. Any damage to outer packaging must be noted and brought to the attention of the carrier. Save all packaging material in case a damage claim is to be made.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS THAT REQUIRES YOUR SPECIAL ATTENTION
· Because of its nature, wood will expand and contract. Changes in temperature, humidity and other conditions produce wood movements. Wood is like a sponge, even when finished it will pick up moisture and easily expand in mountain and coastal regions causing wood to warp, twist or crack. It will dry out and easily shrink in desert regions causing wood to warp, twist or crack. Consequently, proper precautions must be taken during storing, handling and finishing operations.
· You may need to perform extra sanding steps when using darker stains or glazing applications.
· To preserve and enhance the quality and beauty of our unfinished wood products, we strongly recommend finishing and sealing of doors in a very timely manner.
· Unfinished wood needs protection from moisture and from extreme fluctuations in temperature and humidity. Construction sites may vary in temperature as much as 30 to 50 degrees from day to night, causing warping, swelling or twisting of unfinished doors within 24 hours. Even finished doors will do the same.
· Before doors are delivered, have all windows and exterior doors in place and bring the house to occupancy level conditions. Make sure all new drywall and plaster has had at least 2 weeks to dry.
· Many jobs are finished on site, where doors are not removed from the cabinet prior to finishing. This causes unfinished top rails on upper cabinets and unfinished bottom rails on lower cabinets. This allows moisture to be absorbed through the unfinished portion of the door, causing swelling, warping and twisting.
California Door Corporation strictly adheres to these recommendations:
· Under no circumstances should unfinished millwork be delivered to a job or site that is under construction and open to the elements.
· Doors should not be subjected to abnormal heat, cold, extreme dryness, humid conditions or sudden changes therein.
· The entire door must receive two coats of a good grade finish. Completely and evenly finish ALL PIECES - front, back, top, bottom, sides and all cutouts. CALIFORNIA DOOR CORPORATION WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE DUE TO THESE SITUATIOSN. THESE ARE NOT CONSIDERED A DEFECT.
California Door Corporation manufactures and ships UN-FINISHED wood products nationwide. ONCE OUR PRODUCTS ARE RECEIVED, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO MONITOR THE CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH THEY ARE KEPT. We provide special handling instructions with every order, to minimize any warping, twisting or cracking due to conditions beyond our control. Claims on any order or material discrepancies must be made within two (2) weeks after receipt of order & prior to HINGING, HANGING or FINSIHING. Doors will not be returned without prior written approval. Doors must be returned in their original condition to the offices of Cal Door for inspection. Any items that has been hinged, hung or finished, show signs of exposure to moisture, heat or sun, show signs of job site neglect or is modified in any way shall be deemed accepted by the buyer and voids any warranty. If or product is handled in accordance with our recommended guidelines, most problems will be minimized. Remember, you are dealing with an unfinished wood product that will warp, twist or crack within twenty-four (24) hours if not treated or handled properly.
Products must be inspected upon receipt. Our guarantee covers the replacement of doors and drawer fronts in an un-finished state and in good condition, as originally delivered F.O.B. or factory. Any variation from our normal construction specifications is not guaranteed, i.e., reducing the thickness of the panel of frames. A warp or twist of 3/16" of an inch or less is not considered a defect. A twist is measured by placing the face of the door against a true plane surface. Doors are manufactured to the nearest 1/16th of an inch. California Door Corporation will not be held responsible for delays caused by factors beyond our control (i.e. obstruction or blockage of usual routes of transportation, unavoidable accidents, riots, natural disasters, vehicle shortages, prevention of labor, power shortages or lack of materials.) There are no other warranties of any kind expressed or implied.